Not all who wander are lost. -J.R.R. Tolkein

Monday, August 17, 2009

Icefield Parkway

The road called the Icefield Parkway stretches 120 miles from Jasper to Lake Louise. It passes through some incredible scenery and although it could be driven easily in a few hours we spend three days passing though and still feel like we are rushing it. The parks service it considering a waking/cycling trail along the route and traveling by foot over a week or two would perhaps be the right pace. I take some pictures along the way knowing they can only give a

 glimpse of the experience. The panoramas of peaks, glaciers , lakes and rivers unfold with each turn of the road. I’ve been along this route four times and each time am more impressed.  I can’t really find words to express the impact of this much grand scenery. I’ll just hope the photos give an idea of what we’re seeing.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment